Chocolate Cherry Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Cherries and chocolate are a decadent pairing in this luscious jam that will have you eating it off the spoon. Top ice cream or cheesecake, or stir into morning yogurt for a real treat!
Recipe excerpted from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving, published by Oxmoor House (2016).
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 6 cups fresh or frozen pitted dark, sweet cherries, coarsely chopped
- 6 Tbsp. Ball® Classic Pectin
- 1⁄4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 6 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a 4-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, stir together sugar and cocoa until blended; add all at once to boiling cherry mixture. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.