Corn and Cherry Tomato Salsa
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Summer means it’s salsa season, and this one’s a real classic! Ball®’s Corn and Cherry Tomato Salsa is a festive favorite sure to brighten up your day with ripe Cherry tomatoes and fresh corn kernels mixed with jalapeño and zesty lime juice.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 5 lbs. cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels (about 2 large ears fresh, but frozen thawed is fine
- 1 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup fresh lime juice (about 3 large limes)
- 2 jalapeno peppers seeded and minced
- 1 tsp. chipotle chili powder, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 Ball® (16 oz.) pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil in a large stainless-steel or enameled saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle the hot salsa into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe the jar rim. Center the lid on the jar. Apply the band and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place the jar in the boiling water canner. Repeat until all the jars are filled.
- Process the jars 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove the lid, and let the jars stand 5 minutes. Remove the jars and cool.
NOTE: The use of fresh lime juice in this recipe is for the purpose of fresh flavor and has been verified as safe by scientific testing.