UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
These pickles go quickly so you may want to make a few batches. Using the Ball® & McCormick® Dill Pickle Mix assures the perfect flavor every time.
You Will Need
You Will Need
• 2-1/4 lbs. green or yellow wax beans
• 2-1/4 cups water
• 2-1/4 white vinegar
• 2 tsp. Ball® Salt for Pickling & Preserving
• 1 pkg. Ball® & McCormick® Dill Pickle Mix
• 2 Ball® (32 oz.) quart or 4 (16 oz.) pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
2. Wash beans and snip off ends; set aside.
3. Combine water, vinegar, salt and spices from Pickle Mix in large saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve.
4. Pack beans tightly into hot jar. Ladle hot pickling liquid over beans, leaving ½-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims and center lids on jars. Apply band and adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
5. Process filled jars in a boiling water canner 10 minutes for pints and 15 minutes for quarts, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.