Fig and Pear Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
This unique combination creates a rich and sweet fall-inspired jam.
Recipe excerpted from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving, published by Oxmoor House (2016).
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 2 cups chopped pears
- 2 cups chopped fresh figs
- 4 tbsp Ball® Classic Pectin
- 2 Tbsp. bottled lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 3 cups sugar
- Combine all ingredients, except sugar, in a 4-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
* Serve on crostini with a nice hard cheese, such as Manchego, and fresh thyme leaves.