Glazed Habanero Pork and Cashew Lettuce Wraps
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Jelly makes a great base for stirfry recipes, especially spicy ones like this Habanero-Apricot version. The low pH creates the perfect balance of sweet and sour.
You Will Need
You Will Need
• 1 lb. pork tenderloin or boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
• 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger, divided
• 2 tsp. minced garlic, divided
• 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
• 2 Tbsp. olive, vegetable or peanut oil
• 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
• 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup Habanero Apricot Jelly (link to FP recipe br3566)
• 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1-2 Tbsp. Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (or more if desired)
• 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted and salted cashews
• 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 cup sliced scallions
• Lettuce cups
1. Combine sliced pork, 1 teaspoon each of ginger and garlic and soy sauce in small bowl. Set aside to marinate for about 10 minutes. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown pork in batches, stirring frequently, until just cooked. Remove to plate and set aside.
2. In same skillet, cook onion, carrot and red bell pepper, over medium-high heat (add a little more oil to the pan if needed), stirring frequently until vegetables are crisp-tender and beginning to brown.
3. Return pork to the skillet and stir in the Habanero-Apricot Jelly, lime juice, Sriracha sauce,cashews, cilantro and remaining ginger and garlic. Simmer for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Serve in lettuce cups or over hot cooked rice. Garnish with scallions and additional Sriracha sauce and lime wedges.