Herb Jelly-Ball® Recipes
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Preserving Method: Water Bath Canning
Makes about 3 to 4 (8 oz) half pints
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 1 large bunch fresh herbs (basil, mint, thyme, sage)
- 3-3/4 cups unsweetened apple or white grape juice
- 6 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ No Sugar Needed pectin
- 3 to 4 Ball® (8 oz) half pint jars
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- WASH herbs, shake off excess moisture and place in a stainless steel saucepan.
- PRESS herbs with spoon or masher to release flavor. Add juice, heat to a boil; cover and let steep 30 minutes or longer.
- POUR juice through cheesecloth-lined strainer. Measure 3-1/2 cups into clean saucepan. Whisk in pectin. Bring to full rolling boil; boil 1 minute.
- LADLE jelly into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.