Italian-Style Pasta Sauce
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Homemade pasta sauce has never been easier or more delicious! Make your own sauce by only adding tomatoes to Ball® Italian-Style Pasta Sauce Mix! With this flex batch bottle, make scalable recipes – from 1 to 11 pints per batch.
You Will Need
You Will Need
For every 2 pints of pasta sauce:
- 4 lbs fresh tomatoes (about 12 medium)
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes + 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup Ball® Italian-Style Pasta Sauce Mix - MIX WELL BEFORE MEASURING
- 2 Ball® Pint (16 oz) Fresh Preserving Jars with lids and bands
Use our recipe calculator chart to customize the number of jars from 1-11
- WASH tomatoes. Peel skins, remove cores and puree in food processor until smooth consistency.
- COMBINE puree and mix in large saucepan. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes, or until the consistency of a commercial pasta sauce.
- ENJOY using 1 of the 3 ways listed below.
QUICK TIP: To peel tomatoes, make an “X” on the bottom of tomatoes using a knife. Plunge in boiling water for 30 to 60 seconds, or until skins start to crack. Dip into cold water and slip off skins. *Increase processing time: 5 minutes for 1,001 to 3, 000 ft; 10 minutes for 3,001 to 6,000 ft; 15 minutes for 6,001 to 8,000 ft; 20 minutes for 8,001 to 10,000 ft.
ENJOY NOW! (Refrigerate up to 1 week)
FREEZE (Up to one year):
- COOL to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- LADLE sauce into jars. Label
FREEZE sauce for up to 1 year.
FRESH PRESERVE (Store up to one year)
- PREPARE canner, jars, lids, and bands according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving ½ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in boiling water canner for 65 minutes, adjusting for altitude.*