Jalapeno Jelly - Jam Maker
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
- Spice up your dishes with this flavorful jam
- Makes about 4 half pint (8 oz) jars
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 5 Tbsp. Ball®Classic Pectin
- 12 jalapeno peppers, cored seeded and minced (about 1-1/4 cup)
- 1-3/4 cups cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. butter
- 3-1/2 cup sugar
- Ball® glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Required: Ball® freshTECH Jam + Jelly Maker
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add peppers evenly over pectin and pour vinegar over peppers. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jelly button – the cook time will automatically default to 25 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jelly cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jelly.
- PRESERVE jelly immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
NOTE: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.