Kiwi Daiquiri Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Now that kiwifruit are available year-round, this lovely emerald treat can be made anytime you need to add a touch of summer to your menu.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 2 cups crushed peeled kiwifruit (about 5 medium)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 6 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 4 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE kiwifruit, pineapple juice and lime juice in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently, add sugar and return to a full rolling boil that can not be stirred down. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in rum and green food coloring, if using. Remove from heat. Skim off foam if necessary.
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Quick Tip: For even more tropical flair, add flaked coconut with the sugar to the fruit and juice before returning to a full rolling boil.