Kiwi Daiquiri Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Now that kiwi fruit are available year-round, this lovely emerald treat can be made anytime you need to add a touch of summer to your menu.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 2 cups crushed peeled kiwifruit (about 5 medium)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 6 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Combine kiwifruit, pineapple juice and lime juice in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently, add sugar and return to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Immediately stir in rum and remove from heat. Skim off foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into a hot jar leaving a ¼ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.
Quick Tip: For even more tropical flair, add flaked coconut with the sugar to the fruit and juice before returning to a full rolling boil.