Light Apple Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
If you're a fan of apple pie - and who isn't? - you'll love this luscious sugar free apple jam. Serve it on bread or use it more creatively in mini-tarts or as a dessert topping. You're certain to receive rave reviews!
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 6 cups peeled, chopped Granny Smith apples or other tart apples (about 6 medium)
- Juice and grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-sugar Needed Pectin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar or SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 6 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside
- COMBINE apples, lemon peel and juice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until apples begin to soften. Remove from heat and whisk in pectin. Add raisins and cinnamon. Return mixture to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Add sugar or sweetener. Return mixture to a boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat and remove cover. Let jars cool 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner, do not retighten bands if loose. Cool 12 hours. Check seals. Label and store jars.