Mixed Berry Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
'Mix and match your favorite berries to create your own unique version of Ball®’s Mixed Berry Jam recipe. This summer staple goes a long way. Add some dried chipotle chili pepper to the recipe for a zesty marinade to pork or salmon, or try some mixed in with a glass of sparkling water for a refreshing poolside spritzer.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 4 cups crushed berries, mix and match your favorites such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
- 4 ½ Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE berries in an 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- ADD entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars, one at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- PLACE filled jars in canner ensuring jars are covered by 1 to 2 inches of water. Place lid on canner. Bring water to gentle, steady boil.
- PROCESS jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Mixed Berry Jam Recipe Tips:
• Smokey Chipotle Jam: Add a savory note to your Berry jam by adding ½ tsp. dried chipotle chili powder to the recipe with the sugar. Serve with cheese, pork, chicken or salmon or try it with roast turkey as a delicious zesty alternative to cranberry sauce.
• Sparkling Berry Pop: Fill a tall glass with ice and as spoonful or two of Mixed Berry Jam. Fill the glass with sparkling water or club soda and stir until jam dissolves. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
• Grilled Cheese & Berry Sandwiches: Spread some Mixed Berry Jam on the inside of your grilled cheese sandwich. It’s great with smoked gouda, brie or a nice sharp cheddar and add some ham or bacon!
• Berry Cream Cheese Frosting: Whisk 1/4-1/2 cup Mixed Berry Jam into your favorite pre-prepared frosting to add a fruity flavor twist!