Peach- Bourbon Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Bourbon and peaches together with a little ginger conjure up the flavors of the South in this sumptuous jam. Recipe excerpted from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving, published by Oxmoor House (2016).
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 4 lb. fresh peaches, peeled*
- 6 Tbsp. Ball® Classic Pectin
- 1⁄4 cup bottled lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 7 cups sugar
- Ball® preserving jars with lids and bands
- Optional: Ball® freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner + Multicooker
1. Pit and coarsely chop peaches. Measure 4 1⁄2 cups chopped peaches into a 6-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven, and mash with a potato masher until evenly crushed. Stir in pectin and next 3 ingredients.
2. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
4. Ladle hot jam into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
*Frozen sliced peaches (4 1⁄2 cups), coarsely chopped, may be substituted.