Peach Chipotle Chutney - Auto Canner
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
This sweet and and savory chutney is a great summer accompaniment to grilled pork and lamb. Make it with slightly firm (but not rock hard) peaches for best results.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, diced 1/4 inch (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 large cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs. pounds peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced into wedges
- 6 Ball® brand Half Pint (8 oz) Glass Preserving Jars with Lids and Bands
1.REMOVE Inner Pot from Appliance. Remove Rack; set aside. Fill Inner Pot with warm tap water to fill line. Return Inner Pot to Appliance. Place Rack back into Inner Pot. Place empty jars onto Rack in Inner Pot. Set preserving lids and bands aside in your work space. Close and lock Appliance Lid.
2.PRESS Pre-Heat button, then press Start. The red Pre-Heating light will illuminate, and the Appliance will begin Pre-heating your jars. In the meantime, you can start making your jam. Jars will be Pre-heated when the green Ready light is flashing. Keep jars in Appliance, with Lid closed and locked, until ready to fill with jam.
- COMBINE vinegar and both sugars in a large saucepot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- STIR in the bell pepper, onion, raisins, chili powder, garlic, salt and simmer 15 minutes.
- ADD the peach slices and simmer an additional 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. If mixture seems a bit thin, continue to simmer until it thickens to desired consistency.
- UNLOCK and open Appliance Lid.
- REMOVE one hot jar. Close lid, but do not lock, to keep remaining jars hot. Ladle hot chutney into hot jar, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe any jam from the rim of the jar. Center new lid on jar. Twist on band until fingertip tight. Return filled jar onto Rack in Inner Pot.
- REPEAT step 2 until all jars are filled with chutney and returned to Inner Pot. Close and lock Lid.
- PRESS Fruits then press Recipe 1. Press Start to begin preserving.
- THE APPLIANCE will start sensing your recipe, indicated by the orange Sensing light. Then, the preserving phase will begin, indicated by the orange Preserving light. When your appliance beeps and the green Ready light is flashing, your chutney has been successfully preserved! Press Stop. Unlock and open Lid.
- REMOVE jars from Inner Pot using jar lifter and place upright on a towel. Allow to cool, undisturbed, for 12 to 24 hours.