UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Nothing quite beats a fresh in-season peach, except maybe a whole bushel of them to use in preserves. Luscious peach butter with a zing of ginger creates a decidedly satisfying flavor.
Recipe excerpted from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving, published by Oxmoor House (2016).
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 10 cups coarsely chopped fresh peaches (about 12 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 Ball® Half-pint (8 oz) glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Optional: Ball® freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner + Multicooker
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a 6-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until peaches are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- Pulse peach mixture, in batches, in a food processor until almost smooth. Pour each batch into a large bowl.
- Return peach puree to Dutch oven; stir in sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook, stirring constantly, 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens and holds its shape on a spoon.
- Ladle hot peach mixture into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.