Persimmon Rum Butter
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Fuyu and wild persimmons have abundant but short seasons and are the choicest to cook with. Make the most of them with a long cook and hearty dose of rum. Plan ahead, you will need very ripe persimmons for this.
You Will Need
You Will Need
• 4- 1/2 lbs ripe fuyu persimmons
• 3/4 cup golden rum
• 1/2 cup water
• 3 tbsp. bottled lime juice
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1. Slice the top off each persimmon, removing the calyx. Use a metal spoon to scoop out flesh from each fruit, then cut flesh into small pieces.
2. Combine persimmons, rum, water and lime juice in a Crock-Pot® on high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 50 minutes or until persimmons are very soft.
3. Process persimmon mixture using an immersion blender, or in batches in the bowl of a food processor, until puree is smooth.
4. Combine persimmon mixture with both sugars in the Crock-Pot®, turn heat to high and place lid on a diagonal over Crock-Pot® allowing steam to escape at both ends. Simmer on high, stirring every 30 minutes or so, until puree thickens, darkens in color, and holds it’s shape on a spoon; about 4-5 hours.
5. Wash jars and lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands. Keep jars warm.
6. Ladle persimmon butter into a warm jar leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Let jars cool completely before freezing.