Red Chili Cherry Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
The flavor combination of sweet, juicy cherries and red peppers with a kick of spicy cayenne takes this classic jam to another level. Spread atop a cracker with your favorite, soft cheese for a delicious snack or appetizer.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 1 quart fresh or frozen chopped, pitted tart red cherries (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cayenne pepper, finely chopped or 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 6 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
- Combine cherries, peppers, pectin and lime juice in a large saucepan, stirring to blend in pectin. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil hard for 1 minute. Stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into a hot jar leaving a ¼ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.
When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.