UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Loaded with roasted tomatoes and jalapeño, this picante salsa is perfect for a fresh, quick Mexican meal.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 3 lb. plum tomatoes, cored
- 3/4 lb. jalapeño peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-size white onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 4 Ball® Pint (16 oz) Fresh Preserving Jars with lids and bands
- Optional: Ball® freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner + Multicooker
Recipe excerpted from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving, published by Oxmoor House (2016).
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange first 4 ingredients on a large rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes. Remove garlic from baking sheet. Bake 20 more minutes or until vegetables are very soft and beginning to char.
2. Transfer jalapeño peppers to a bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let stand 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, remove skins from tomatoes, and coarsely chop. Coarsely chop onion. Place tomato, onion, and salt in a medium stainless steel or enameled saucepan.
4. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds, if desired. Finely chop peppers; add to tomato mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.