Spiced Peach Chutney
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Preserving Method: Water Bath Canning
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 6-1/2 lb peaches, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups malt vinegar
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 Tblsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 green peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 hot banana pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 cup Each: dark raisins, golden raisins & mixed glace peel
- 1 tbsp Ball® Salt for Pickling & Preserving
Spices Mixture - choose one:
- Island: 1 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground cloves, OR
- Calcutta (Traditional) - Tie in spice bag: 2 tsp curry powder, 2 tbsp celery seed, tbsp mustard seed.
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE peaches and vinegar in a large stainless steel saucepan, stir in sugar and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, 10 minutes.
- ADD onions, peppers, raisins, mixed peel, ginger, salt and Spice Mixture to peaches. Return to a boil. Stirring frequently, lower heat and simmer until thick, about 45 minutes.
- LADLE hot chutney into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed