Spicy Corn Salsa
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
This salsa recipe uses fresh, crispy corn and jalapeno pepper combined for the ultimate chip companion. Even beloved guacamole will be jealous.
Recipe by Liz Latham of http://hoosierhomemade.com/
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 6 large ears corn, shucked and cleaned
- 2 pounds tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped coarsely (blanche in hot water to remove peel if desired)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 cup red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 8-10 Ball® half pint (8 oz) glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Optional: Ball® freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner + Multicooker
- BOIL corn, cool and cut kernels off cob.
- CHOP tomatoes, peppers, onion and garlic and add to large pot on the stove, add corn.
- WHISK together cilantro, cumin, salt, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl; add to chop vegetables.
- STIR, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- LADLE hot salsa into prepared jars.
- Place filled jars onto canning rack in the FreshTech Electric Water Bath Canner filled with simmering water. Place steaming and diffuser rack on top of jars. (Alternately, place jars on canning rack in a stove-top waterbath canner).
- PROCESS jars for 25 minutes. Turn off heat, remove lid; let jars sit 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.