UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Preserving Method: Freezing
Keep the fresh taste of summer throughout the year when you follow these easy freezing directions. Thaw in refrigerator to use in your favorite recipes.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- Strawberries, fully ripe and firm with deep red color
- Sugar, optional
- Water, optional
- Freezer safe glass or plastic jars, plastic freezer bags or vacuum packages
- WASH and hull strawberries.
- PREPARE and pack strawberries according to a dry pack, sugar pack or syrup pack recipe.
- FREEZE up to 1 year.
- PLACE berries in a single layer on cookie sheets.
- PUT in the freezer until berries are partially frozen. Remove from freezer and place strawberries in freezer safe glass or plastic jars, plastic freezer bags or vacuum package. Seal and label.
- SLICE berries in halve lengthwise. Measure berries.
- COMBINE 1 part sugar to 6 parts strawberries in a large mixing bowl. Allow to stand until sugar is dissolved, about 10 minutes. Gently stir.
- PACK berries and syrup into freezer safe glass or plastic jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Seal and label.
- PREPARE heavy syrup by combining equal parts sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- PACK whole or sliced berries into freezer safe plastic or glass jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Ladle syrup over berries leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Seal and label.