Strawberry Freezer Jam - Low or No-Sugar
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 4 to 5 (8 oz) half pints
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 3 cups crushed strawberries (about 3-1 lb containers)
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened cranberry-raspberry or apple juice
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- Up to 3 cups sugar, 1-1/2 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular, 3/4 to 1 cup honey, or desired amount of other artificial sweeteners (optional)
- 4 to 5 Ball® Plastic (8 oz) Freezer Jars or 8 oz half pint glass jars with lids and bands
- GRADUALLY ADD Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin into fruit juice until dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- IMMEDIATELY ADD prepared fruit* into hot pectin mixture. Stir vigorously for 1 minute. Stir in sugar, SPLENDA® NO Calorie Sweetener, Granular, other artificial sweetener or honey according to the directions above.
- LADLE freezer jam into clean Ball® freezer jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Apply caps and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
Strawberry Freezer Jam - Low or No-Sugar - Ball® Recipes is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kenich from Made two batches and they were excellent. Used diet cranberry juice and Splenda so not to add calories.
Date published: 2018-03-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Christa from So far, So good! I made two double batches of this beautiful jam. It is currently setting in my fridge. It already was much more set than any other freezer jam recipe I've ever tried. I used 1 1/2 cups of sugar per batch. Cleaning up the jars and dishes tells me it is DELICIOUS! I'm excited.
Date published: 2017-02-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by spiekars from Fresh Flavor When recipe followed exactly, the jam was perfect! Very fresh strawberry flavor.
Date published: 2016-05-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cris from Quantity of crushed strawberries I should have physically measured the amount of crushed strawberries, rather than just crushing 3 - 1 lb containers, it made significantly more and I probably didn't use enough pectin for the batch. I used about 1/2 cup of honey as well, which was sweet enough for my taste, and ended up with approx 8- 9 cups of jam. The taste is fine, the texture is a little too runny, but I will make this again and just make sure to measure the crushed strawberries exactly. I like that I can control the amount of sugar in the final product.
Date published: 2015-04-03