Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
The sweetness of fresh, ripe strawberries adds the perfect balance to tart lemons in this recipe. Preserving the freshness allows you to serve this summertime favorite at any special occasion throughout the year.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 6 cups hulled strawberries
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 7 Ball® (16 oz) pint jars
- Optional: Ball® freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner + Multicooker
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- PURÉE strawberries in a blender or food processor fitted with a metal blade, working in batches, until smooth. Transfer to a large stainless steel saucepan as completed.
- ADD lemon juice and sugar to strawberry puree, stirring to combine. Heat to 190° F over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Do not boil. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- LADLE hot concentrate into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Quick Tip: To reconstitute, mix one part concentrate with three parts water, tonic water or ginger ale. Adjust concentrate to suit your taste.