Sweet Cherry Freezer Jam - Low or No-Sugar
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 4 to 5 (8 oz) half pints
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 3 cups finely chopped cherries (about 2-1/4 lb)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened cranberry-raspberry or apple juice
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- Up to 3 cups sugar, 1-1/2 cups SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, 3/4 to 1 cup honey, or desired amount of other artificial sweeteners (optional)
- 4 to 5 Ball® Plastic (8 oz) Freezer Jars or 8 oz half pint glass jars with lids and bands
- GRADUALLY ADD Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin into fruit juice and lemon juice until dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- IMMEDIATELY ADD prepared fruit* into hot pectin mixture. Stir vigorously for 1 minute. Stir in sugar, SPLENDA® NO Calorie Sweetener, Granular, other artificial sweetener or honey according to the directions above.
- LADLE freezer jam into clean Ball® freezer jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Apply caps and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.