Thai Dipping Sauce
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
The perfect accompaniment for cold Thai rice paper spring rolls, this sauce is also delicious with any deep-fried Asian appetizer, such as egg rolls, chicken balls or wontons. It's also delicious with grilled chicken, and the addition of a tablespoon or two perks up classic oil-and-vinegar salad dressings..
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 1/2 cup finely chopped garlic (about 36 cloves)
- 1 Tbsp Ball® pickling salt
- 6 cups cider vinegar
- 6 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup hot pepper flakes (dried chilies)
- 9 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE garlic and salt in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- HEAT vinegar to a boil in a large saucepan. Add sugar, stirring to fully dissolve. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add garlic mixture and hot pepper flakes, stirring well.
- LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.