HONEY CINNAMON PEARS
Preserve crisp fall pears with a delectable light honey syrup that highlights the pear flavor. Delicious over oatmeal, ice cream, in winter salads or eaten right from the jar.
- 6 lbs. mixed green and red pears, unpeeled, quartered and cored
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. honey
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Fruit Fresh or 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Makes about 6 pints
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready to use, do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
- Combine Fruit Fresh or lemon juice in a bowl with enough water to cover pear quarters; let soak until syrup is simmering.
- Combine water, apple juice, lemon juice and honey in a 4 qt. saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Add pears to honey syrup and stir gently until heated through.
- Place one cinnamon stick into a jar; pack hot pears in jar leaving a ½ inch headspace. Ladle hot syrup over pears, leaving a ½ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 20 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.
Need More Inspiration?
Try one of other delicious recipes here.