UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
The combination of tomatillos, chilies and cilantro creates a salsa with authentic Mexican flavor. In addition to making a great dip for tortilla chips, this salsa pairs perfectly with fajitas, burritos and quesadillas.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 2 lbs. tomatillos, husks removed, washed, cocred and chopped (about 5-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green chilies
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Optional: Ball® freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner + Multicooker
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- LADLE hot salsa in to hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- PROCESS jars for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Quick Tip: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.